Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #2564 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
For the love of all that is good in the world, no, Belle And Sebastian should not make it into the hall of fame. I have in the past compared their music to some kind of awful artisan bread that is hyped to the heavens by artisan bread aficionados as something amazing, but when you actually try a piece it's just dry and bland and stale and... well... bread. I still think this is a pretty apt metaphor for this excruciatingly boring band who, for me, represent everything that can be awful about indie pop.
Wow it seems like I'm reading the 'Unpopular Music Opinions' thread. Interesting.
I actually really like some of their music, particularly If You're Feeling Sinister and their first 3 EPs (Lazy Line Painter jane).
After that.. I dunno. I don't like it enough to nominate them and I was fairly horrified to see them described as 'Twee' in the writeup.

Anyway, Janszoon, I think this this is the first time that I've distinctly disagreed with you on music. Would you mind telling me how B&S represent everything that can be awful about indie pop? I don't begrudge your opinion - just curious