Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #4055 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy (2010)

Sometimes I dislike grabbing leaks because if the album sucks then I feel a big let down, especially when it's albums that I'm greatly anticipating. Luckily this is Nevermore we're talking about and they haven't released a bad album since their debut. The Obsidian Conspiracy is exactly what I want from Nevermore, heavy, melodic, amazing production, and Warrel Dane's powerhouse vocals. Anybody who has ever curled their inner fingers inwards while extending their other two NEED to get this album.

The Blood of Heroes - The Blood of Heroes (2010)

This was an album I grabbed solely based around the cover art. I knew nothing about the band, who was in it, what style of music the play, etc. I was quite surprised when it was an eclectic blend of reggaecore, industrial, experimental, and d&b. Usually with that many different conflicting styles I'd expect the album to feel inconsistent or schizophrenic but the band manage to fuse them all together into a style that is both unique and captivating. I threw this album on last night while writing my final essay for my English class and it just clicked so well. I would highly recommend this album to anyone who likes weird, eclectic stuff.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote