Music Banter - View Single Post - Bitter Ruin
Thread: Bitter Ruin
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
DearJenny
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
I think they fit under the "dark cabaret" moniker quite nicely. I actually grabbed their album on Monday after a friend recommended it to me but I have not had a chance to give it a proper listen. All I know is that they have a full LP coming out very soon and that they're raising some eyebrows among some music critics and fans.

The lyrics are where the band really stand out, a brooding mixture of dark and delightfully evil lyrics delivered in a humorous fashion. Fans of gallows humor will love this group, here's a few examples:
May 25th I believe is when their release party is for the CD and it is available for download the next day? Maybe?

I do love their lyrics, and their performance. But what I like the most is that they come across as real people. I found them six or seven months ago and left a comment on their myspace page. They commented back on my page and then we started exchanging messages and I agreed to set up a Michigan fan page for them. Might be because I just caught them early. I'm sure now that they are touring with Amanda Palmer and getting increasing recognition that they will probably not have time for stuff like that. But I respect them speaking directly to their fans on an individual basis.
Every man needs a muse and mine could be the bottle.
DearJenny is offline   Reply With Quote