Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #2105 (permalink)
Chainsawkitten
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paloma View Post
I highly disagree with this post. First of all, you have to be pretending to hate the Beatles, or think they were terrible. I don't know of anyone who can't warm up to a Beatles song, at least one. Just because they've reached cult status or are mainstream doesn't make them awful, nor do their douchey fanbases negate their talents. and wtf@ Mozart and Beethoven? Falco is smirking in derision at your pretentiousness
I can't say I've heard exactly all of Beatles' songs but not so far, no. They're not awful 'cause they're big. Such an opinion would just be pretentious wankery. And perhaps I am a pretentious wanker but I'm not that much of a douche.

I can assure you that I know some people who don't like the Beatles. My brother being one example. (Although he's not really a credible source when it comes to music.)

When it comes to Mozart and Beethoven there's just something that annoys me about their music and a lot of classical music in general. I listen to some Modern Classical musicians but when it comes to the old masters, there's just something that makes me frustrated when hearing it.

Note: I'm not denying anyone's talents. That's another thing. I'd be quite an idiot to say that Beethoven was untalented. I'm talking music quality, personal preference.
Chainsawkitten is offline   Reply With Quote