Music Banter - View Single Post - P A N droppin' his links...
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 06:17 AM   #17 (permalink)
P A N
DO LIKE YOU.

well, i don't look at the dreams you have when you are sleeping as significant events which happen on a nightly basis... it's rather the dreams we have when we are children about all the things we want to accomplish. when i was a kid, i wanted to become a firefighter, an astronaut, and nearing my teenage years i wanted to become a lawyer. these dreams were not based on the acquisition of anything material but rather just the prospect of living the experience of saving people from intense situations, seeing earth from not on earth, and using my ability to argue very efficiently to a degree that my parents and grandparents could appreciate.

but, i should note that i do believe the dreams we have at night are significant if we can remember them. Carl Jung (Freud's pupil) developed a system by which we can reference the imagery in our dreams in terms of their archetypal indicators pertaining to the life we lead in three dimensions. i've tried to discount the validity of this "technology," but find that it simply makes too much sense. reality is only as we are capable of perceiving it. our individuality is simply the sum of many circumstances. so our brain creates more refined meaning (only possible in the surreal world) and adds it to familiar or near-inherent imagery in order to tell its own life-driver that changes need to be made or vice versa, in whichever descriptive form it can muster.

all in all (as i figure things out as i write them!), i guess night dreams are like maintenance and are a direct connection to the will of even the smallest members of universal biology, who all experience the will to live. and i guess childhood dreams of the future are important for adults to have because.... well, children are innocent, and far less concerned with everything that mass brainwashing has convinced adults to care about and worry for.

all for now.

happy mother's day to you too!

oh, and i should say here (and i might go edit the main message to include this) that my music - particularly the synthetic stuff - is far better if you crank the volume on it. i find that to listen to music quietly is to have a very cerebral or intellectual experience with it. adversely i think if you listen to it loud enough that you have a physical interaction with it, you begin to suppress the influence of our current paradigm of thought, and begin to experience what the "maker" of that music was after.

SO TURN IT UP!!!

also, there is low end stuff in there which can't properly present itself at a low volume. some of the bass is situated so as to be felt rather than heard. Amon Tobin introduced me to that idea.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote