Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 06:39 AM   #13232 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Believe it or not, I was not allowed to wear shorts to my public high school in Florida, but the girls could wear the skankiest skirts ever. I couldnt wear flip flops either, but the broads could rock those open toed shoes as well. Towards the end of school I was being sent home quite often, as I didn't and still don't see any reasoning being these rules, and there was a time when I would have to stop by the principal's office in the AM to show him I was wearing shoes and pants.
If it's any consolation, over here school uniform is mandatory for private AND public schools. Most of the time it looks something like this:

At the school I went to, which was a public school, I wasn't allowed to wear pants because I was a girl and so I had to wear a skirt/dress every day with knee high socks. I thought it was so old fashioned that guys got to wear pants or school shorts but girls had to wear dresses/skirts. In winter my legs were freezing. Not fair. School shoes, knee high white socks, skirt, shirt, tie, and itchy woolen jumper were all mandatory. I think towards the end of my time there they started making school uniform pants for girls... finally.