Music Banter - View Single Post - Sing in tune, you bastards; My story of The Clash
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sansa Stark
Account Disabled

Default Sing in tune, you bastards; My story of The Clash

11 years old was a difficult time in my life, and only the start. I was kicked out of one parochial school and onto the next. I was an angry, alienated American girl with no voice of guidance. That summer of my life I found my voice of guidance in a band that broke up before I was even born, but a band that would change my life forever. The Clash would guide me throughout my teenage years, and introduce me to everything from poets to politics. Their songs would console me through every bump in the road. At thirteen I was arrested and put into juvenile detention. We slept on sandbags that were closer to bricks, but I sang myself to sleep singing songs from London Calling every night. Through mania and suicidal thoughts, I would watch the documentary "Westway to the World", just to not feel so out of sorts. Through depression and drug abuse, Sandinista! would be there for every swing. I won't give all of the story away yet. Every album is a chapter in those years, many stories in a series of events that would shape me as a person. This is my story of the Clash.

Last edited by Sansa Stark; 05-09-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote