Music Banter - View Single Post - Stem Cell Research and YOU!
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
There are adult stem cells and embryonic stem cell. Human embyonic and aborted fetuses stem cell research is unethical, period. Just because they don't look like a fully formed adult does not mean those experiments does not violate the natural law. From what I heard adult stem cells provide positive results, sceintist really don't need to experiment on human embryos.

Edit: Since you did not differentiate between adult and embryonic stem cell research I wil not vote.
Not true at all. Adult stem cells do indeed have similar qualities, but are limited to becoming cells of their tissue of origin. They are also incredibly hard to grow in culture and are also scarce in an adult. Embryonic stem cells have the potential to become any cell in the human body and are much easier to grow in culture. This is why I mentioned we will eventually find a way to produce them without the need of an embryo at all.

I can understand the moral dilemma here...but there will be abortions whether we like it or not. Why not honor that potential life by allowing it to provide life to someone else?