Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 05:14 AM   #2785 (permalink)
right-track
Atchin' Akai

You forgot to add Gabriel Oberton. He has all the skill of Ronaldo, but has yet to learn how to use it. I also think Nani will go from strength to strength and expect him to shine next season.
When Ronaldo came to United he was as frustrating as Oberton and Nani, but he was quick to learn when to pass and when to dribble. Nani is almost there and Oberton has a way to go just yet. Gareth Bale?

Ferguson only sold Ronaldo because he wanted to leave.
Ferguson's plan to play Rooney in a more central position as a lone striker was (I believe) his intention this season anyway.
I don't think Tevez was ever in his his plans for this season, especially at the fee wanted to sign him. Owen was a Tevez replacement which speaks for itself.
Berbatov was there for back up and tactical options should Rooney become injured, or the need to play a 2 man forward line.

With Rooney up front and Ronaldo in the team, I believe United would have won the league weeks ago.

I've got a feeling Ferguson will make a serious attempt to buy Benzema from Madrid, along with a couple of midfielders.
Carrick could be the one he needs to replace, or at least demote in favour of a better defensive midfielder...
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote