Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official World Cup 2010 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #95 (permalink)
wickedlk
It's my Mau5head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post

Now that the English season is over and we are all generally disappointed with our respective teams, let's turn our attention to the World Cup.

Predictions? Dark horses? Timetable planned out?

Even though I work nights it seems that I can see England's group games and the second round (whatever permutations) without losing anytime off work which is a godsend but the quarters onwards are a minefield to work out regarding work so I will take it as it comes.

I will be in Germany at a music festival for their (England) second group game and although it will be on via giant screens it will be at 9:30 PM Euro time so I'm not sure whether I can catch it in it's entirety until I get a timetable of the festival.
I think it would be a major shock if Brazil or Spain don't win this tournament. Brazil should just steamroll all that stand in their path and Spain will probably get everyone on their 'carousel', possibly making a few teams look very silly as they go. As we all know though, it only takes one special/poor performance and they could be on the plane home in the knockout stages (so here's hoping).

England to suffer painful defeat in the semis with a debatable decision going against us that makes it hurt just that much more...

My dark horses are South Korea, definitely underrated and their strong team ethic will be dangerous. Got a few decent players in key positions too.