View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 01:31 PM   #64 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivs View Post
One

Fighters of a new age
Rejoice at what you are
Call once, along the cities
To the choice of what is ours

Fall under the radar,
Rise up to the hammer,
Work your ways behind the curtains
Further distance, fair lanterns
Bring warmth to every person

Fighters of a new age
Urban thrones amongst the seasons,
We've trained for life's amounts

So that when legacies are told
Each person will have freedom

Hey guys, two new songs to make up for the six-ish months I've been gone. I left because of mostly personal and creative reasons, and also because I just got too stressed out with school and everything. I don't know, things just weren't working. Anyways, hopefully I'll be posting around more regularly from now on. It's good to be back!
Welcome back, Shivs! I'm glad to see that bee again.

I had a hard time understanding "Friend." I feel it flows well and has pleasant rhyming interspersed among the lines and not used too heavily, but conceptually I get lost. What are the imagined threats that should be "reopened," for example?

I get a general feeling from "Freedom" (that it urges people to challenge that which opposes freedom), but I can't follow the particulars, such as in the lines in bold above. What are urban thrones among the seasons? What are life's amounts for which we've trained? I can tell it sounds like you have particular reasons for your word choices, but I don't know what they are, and I wish I did!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote