Music Banter - View Single Post - Stem Cell Research and YOU!
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #29 (permalink)
OctaneHugo
Goes back & does it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
I support stem cell research. An embryo is "non-sentient," lacking a structured and "wired" brain, and so using embryo cells does not bother me.

I also support a woman's right and choice to have an abortion when the fetus has not yet developed substantial brain wiring and thus presumably awareness, although I would like to reduce the incidences of unwanted pregnancies, such as through improvements in contraception methods and increases in contraception use by both women and men.
Definitely this x100000. Safe sex needs to be fuc‎king PREACHED in schools today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
There are adult stem cells and embryonic stem cell. Human embyonic and aborted fetuses stem cell research is unethical, period. Just because they don't look like a fully formed adult does not mean those experiments does not violate the natural law.
How about something concrete instead of some abstract "natural law"? Who defines it? How is it enforced? Not to mention that there are indeed differences between the two..

What one considers immoral one considers fine. And that's one reason arguments over stem cells are usually so nasty, because one side is waving around scientific evidence while those on the opposite end are screaming about ethics and being morally clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Using an aborted, soon-to-die embryo to help others might be seen as being similar to harvesting organs and tissues from an old patient, without that person's permission, since the person is going to die soon anyway. If you inject sleep medication and then harvest the organs when the patient is asleep, the patient won't even be aware of what's happening. A practical choice, but perhaps not ethical by most ethical standards.
Wait a second. Since when can you compare an embryo to a fully grown person? Regardless of whether or not the person is dying, it's a conscious, thinking, matured human being. An embryo isn't. And now we're entering the dreadful gray area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN CAVEMAN View Post
afaik he is a christian and doesn't believe in having reason behind belief

If Any Major Dude Has Yet To Tell You, Click Here
OctaneHugo is offline   Reply With Quote