Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Most Important Albums To You
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #382 (permalink)
Roland
Groupie

10. Arcade Fire "Funeral"
9. Kings Of Leon (Because of the Times"
8. Bruce Springsteen "Born to Run"
7. U2 "War"
6. Muse "Absolution"
5. Arctic Monkeys "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not"
4. Blur "Modern Life Is Rubbish"

3. Radiohead "Kid A"

Had to put one Radiohead album in this list and to be honest it was almost impossible to choose but I have plucked for Kid A just because of the sheer audacity of the album and how experimental it is. Idioteque is one of my favourite songs and Eveything in It's Right Place is just exceptional one of the songs I need to see performed live before I die

2. The Killers "Sam's Town"

This probably seems very weird to most but the album was released when my Dad was stuck in hospital for a few months because he had broken bones in his back (fine now) but at the time every time I travelled to the hospital I listened to this album and it is just unbelievable and it brought me so much strength at the time. I know it is quite weird because it isn't really the sort of album that you would relate to that kind of feeling but it is just perfect

1. Interpol "Turn on the Bright Lights"

"It's up to me now to turn on the bright lights", this line comes from the track NYC and sums this album up brilliantly. A unbelievable debut album with great guitar hits like "Obstacle 1" and slow and beautiful tracks like "Leif Eriksson". My Favourite album to date!
Roland is offline   Reply With Quote