Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Meat Really Murder?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #448 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
That's fine, Erica.
You're stupid because you're a vegan.
I'm going to shove eggs in your face.
You didn't consider my question from the previous post, egg-breath. (Switch "egg" or "dairy" for meat): "Given that meat is not a physiological necessity...and so you are supporting people killing animals unnecessarily...does it make a difference to you whether people kill the animal for fun sport (bullfighting, sport fishing, songbird target practice) vs. for fun food (tasty pizza toppings, mouth-watering burgers, tender fish)?"

Stay on topic please, if you CAN.

GAA! I don't want to fake argue with you, Sugar! (I just can't do it long, can I! . I was lacto-ovo vegetarian for many years, and I know some of the reasons going vegan can be difficult or a concern. It took me several years to switch to a vegan diet even after I realized that people kill the millions of male chicks who are the brothers of the egg-laying hens. Even after I knew that veal calves are not allowed contact with each other and then are killed, just so I could enjoy ice cream.

But seriously, Sugar, have you considered veganism, and why or why not? Do you look at it in this way: ovo-lacto vegetarianism doesn't directly involve killing the animals at that moment, although, of course, people eventually kill the egg-laying hens and cows?
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote