Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Meat Really Murder?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 09:31 AM   #450 (permalink)
Laurent Quinn Proper
Phuck Yer Thoughts Cult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paloma View Post
None of this makes sense to me, you purposely do it, which is shoving your beliefs in someone else's face, knowing that they have opposing views, yet you say you're not "trying to press them on them" when that's EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE DOING? Why even bother doing it in the first place if not to illicit a response? Just to make a jackass of yourself?
I guess I am using the word "press" in the wrong context. Because I don't know how I can make this any clearer. I am not telling anyone to respond the way I do (I know it's stupid and ignorant) but it's something I have picked up to purposely piss off people regarding the subject. And it works, judged by all the responses.
When I purposely order a cheeseburger in front of the vegan and continue to talk about how delicious the creature was, I am not encouraging others to do the same. If they do, however, that is their own action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
You didn't waste my time at all, Laurent Quinn Proper. The time I spend on MusicBanter is my free time. I always learn something during the process of writing replies here on MB, whether or not people read or respond...though of course it is nicer when people do. I like learning about other people and their views.

I'm not offended that you don't care about facts and others' opinions. You can't make yourself care about something you don't care about. I don't care about everything myself. For example, who the U.S. talk show hosts are isn't important to me.

I am glad, though, to have finally gotten down to the bottom of your reasoning behind defending meat-eating. At first you wrote that "meat is essential." I showed that to be incorrect. Then you changed your statement to "Meat is the best form of protein" (an argument I also blew out of the water). Finally, you stated that you feel "meat is the best and most delicious form of protein for me." I can't argue with that, because it is your opinion and feeling.
Very nice and classy response. I see you are one of the few whom don't let ignorance cloud their judgment and feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
If you expect anyone to accept your opinion, then you must be prepared to accept theirs. Otherwise, you're just... how did you say? "Forcing your opinion on others".

I don't understand what you gain out of asserting your opinion without even the slightest regard for how it is received. Sounds to me exactly like what you condemn. Either that, you're you're just wasting energy.
You guys are deriving undertones that do not exist in my post. I am not expecting anyone to accept my opinion. And I am not accepting anyone's either. How would one say this on the internet? "I do it for the lulz"? I don't care about animal rights, and I want to be able to enjoy whatever I please to, without having someone in my face about it. And guess what? If you do (get in my face), I am going to be the biggest ignorant piece-of-**** to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
If you understand that type of response is ignorant, why do it? You like to come off as an ignorant ****? This is fascinating to me.

Let me ask...why did you even post in here? This is one of the most kept alive threads, and this tells me the people arguing in it are very passionate about their views. From your responses, I can think of no other reason for you posting in here other than you just wanted to piss some people off.
Because I do not care of what a stranger thinks of me? Maybe you should give it a try.
And my first response to the thread was "Meat is murder. But it is essential." I should have probably been less vague on whom it is essential to but hindsight is 20/20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
Sometimes, im just legitimately interested to know why this thread is still going. All its done is attract morons to it hell bent on pissing people off.
I may be the "moron" but you're the idiot that lets the "moron" get under your skin.
I love the Nicki Minaj hip hop music albums.I listen all song of Pink Friday album.I like the songs in album.She is sing the song very nicely.I don't think any song is bad in PINK FRIDAY album all songs are listenable.This is the best pop album of year.I think this album is rock man.
Laurent Quinn Proper is offline   Reply With Quote