Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official World Cup 2010 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 11:13 AM   #117 (permalink)
wickedlk
It's my Mau5head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
EDIT: Why leave Bent at home? Out of those strikers, id turn to him if we needed a goal before i turned to any of the others. Crouch will probably start with Rooney, i hope he doesnt go with Heskey.

Bent may be in form but I still wouldn't trust him to net if we needed a goal (although to be fair, I wouldn't trust the others either) I just think the others do specific jobs better i.e. Heskey/Crouch as the hold-up men and Defoe as poacher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
And if we're looking for a defensive midfielder with Barry out Hargreaves shouldn't even be considered. The guy hasn't played a game in about 2 years. It doesn't even look like he's going to be involved in the warm up games.
Carrick? The guy's been anonymous all season.

Give it to Huddlestone, he's been immense for Spurs all season & deserves it the most.
Agreed on Hargreaves but I think experience is key in the holding role at international level and Huddlestone doesn't have this. I think Capello will have serious reservations about his tactical discipline. I've got a feeling he won't be first choice for Spurs next season in their Champ league games.

Who knows though, I could be wrong (probably am) and that's why I'm not paid millions a year to make these decisions.