Music Banter - View Single Post - Stem Cell Research and YOU!
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #45 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Why is it unethical? I just argued that from a utilitarian point of view, which is a moral theory based on a happiness principle (maximize happiness/reduce suffering), stem cell research can be the right moral thing to do. How can you say it's not?
I didn't say it is not, I didn't say stem cell research was unethical. I said human embryonic stem research was unethical, base on the fact that it is using human embryos and they gather those human embryo through unethical means. That human embryo is part of the developement of a human being, and the human embryo should not be destroyed nor collected and manipulated and experimented on, nor cloned etc. I guess you do not consider that a human embryo (even though it is simple in structure) is a human being and that it has no value of a human being. But just as it is unthinkable to use a person in an experiment that would destroy that person, it is equally so to use a human embryo.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote