Music Banter - View Single Post - Introduce yourself..
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 02:15 AM   #41 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

My favourite album

I can only break it down to top 3:

There's not really much to say other than this album is absolutely genius. Lou Reed has an incredible sound, unique lyrics and this album kills it. Everyone generally loves 'Perfect Day' and 'Walk on the Wild Side' but my favourite track has to be 'Hanging Around'.

I absolutely adore the Eagles, and this album represents some of their finest work in my opinion. The drifting riffs, the haunting emotion, and my track 'Victim of Love'.

Cranberries - To the Faithful Departed

This album is more than just a Cranberries album. It's representative of heartache, anger and depression. Lead singing Delores was miserable when she wrote the lyrics to the tracks on the album and the raw inequity plagues through her thoughts on life. I can really relate to it and find the songs are of the utmost quality and passion. 'Electric Blue Eyes' rips through my emotions every time.

My favourite lyric

I have mentioned this lyric before, but I will again. Iron Maiden - Brave New World:

"Dying swans twisted wings, beauty not needed here,
Lost my love, lost my life, in this garden of fear.
I have seen many things, in a lifetime alone,
Mother love is no more, bring this savage back home.

Wilderness house of pain, makes no sense of it all,
Close this mind dull this brain, messiah before his fall.
What you see its not real, those who know will not tell,
All is lost sold your souls to this brave new world"

My first gig

I was aged 14, it was some local heavy metal group. Can't for the life of me remember their name.

The book that changed me

Tommorow, when the war began by John Marsden. It was so powerfully written, and chilled me to the bone due to it being set in Australia. There was such fascinating relationships, passion for life, and it was the ultimate book of survival in a world that's turned against you. It really made me appreciate my life and be better prepared for a crisis.

My favourite painting

This one:

Angels are beautiful to me, and this painting is very abstract but with some definition within it. It's very powerful and sends a message of the deep spiritual aura associated with angels.

My style icon

Lady Gaga because she wears crazy, high fashion clothes who sets trends on the catwalk and isn't afraid to be herself.

My favourite place

Antarctica, because it is the most beautiful, quiet and breath-taking place I've ever visited. You entire soul is content there.

My favourite album artwork

This album and it's cover is mean as, love the motorbike, the fiery depths below and the pure metal represented by it.

My idol

My mom and dad. They've been through blood sweat and tears to get where they are, it's inspiring.

My alter ego

Flirty Puss is my nickname, because I can turn on the charm and well, flirt.

Last edited by Scarlett O'Hara; 05-12-2010 at 02:21 AM.
Scarlett O'Hara is offline   Reply With Quote