Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Meat Really Murder?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 04:02 AM   #475 (permalink)
Chainsawkitten
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNineDream View Post
veggie lasagna
Veggie lasagna is awesome. I never liked lasagna with meat in.

I always eat vegetarian food when it's an alternative and I very much prefer it to the times I have to eat meat. (Technically I guess I never have to eat meat, but I don't see the point in being a bother.)

One thing I hate about this whole debate (I havn't read this entire thread, but I mean veg. vs. meat debates in general) is the black-or-white views portrayed. The problem is not that we eat meat, it's that we eat way too much of it. When it comes to my meat-eating friends they eat meat or fish for pretty much every meal (except breakfast) and tone down the vegetables. My family does at home as well. That's good from neither a health, environmental or a humanitarian view.

That specific experience is entirely personal and does not necessarily portray the rest of our community, city, country or anything else for that matter. Fact still remains, we eat too much meat in relation to vegetables and fruit.

I think a lot of people are put off vegetarianism since it means they can't eat meat at all. That's quite a stupid notion. No one's gonna tell you "You can't eat that occasionally if you want to! You're not a real vegetarian!" You don't have to go all the way if you don't want to.

We're not some stupid elitists on our high horses looking down at regular people with contempt, doing it just to feel better about ourselves. (Yes, some people I've chatted with actually believe that.)

Last edited by Chainsawkitten; 05-13-2010 at 04:13 AM.
Chainsawkitten is offline   Reply With Quote