Music Banter - View Single Post - The Monthly Music Trading Post
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 07:59 AM   #1341 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

From my good pal storymilo:

The Royal Tenenbaums OST

This was one of those movies that I've always liked a lot, but would have never thought to have checked out in the soundtrack department. But low and behold, it is an excellently eclectic (38 of them!) batch of tunes; for every bit of Nick Drake and Bob Dylan there's a 6-minute classical suite that work great whether in the context of the movie or not. Then again, this being composed by Seymour Hoffman look-alike Mark Mothersbaugh (of Devo), I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Still, the variety here is the strongest draw: there's something for everyone, especially considering the number of tracks present. Hell, there's even some Ramones. Personally however, the tracks I dug most were the Nico ones, such as in 'The Fairest of the Seasons' and 'These Days'; there's just something about the Baroque arrangements and her voice that snuggles in well in the context of the other songs for me, as well as the overall mood.

So at the end of the day, I am quite pleased with it all: while other soundtracks I've run across have hit me a little deeper than this one, I can't recall the last time I've enjoyed going through a soundtrack at first listen as much as I've had going through here: quite a blast really!

So kudos to story for this OST; I am entertained.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote