Music Banter - View Single Post - One-man band/full band comparisons.
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
No, that's a different Red Snapper. That Red Snapper formed in 1993 and were more London based. Our Red Snapper was based In the north part of England about seven years before that and we did more dub reggae stuff.

I still have my hat embroidered with the name.

I still play a lot of reggae nowadays in my solo set up. That's where the looper is a great tool. I do some live looping but most is pre-prepared and I can then sing and solo along to it.

I love the freedom of going alone. If I have an absolute crap night, at least I know it's just down to me and I can't blame anyone else.

Likewise, if I have a great night,(not had one of them for a while, ha,ha), again, it's just down to me and possibly the amount of alcohol consumed by the audience...

Good luck if you decide to go for it. By the way, I can recommend the Bose L1 set up for solo gigs. Unless you play in a huge room I have found it to be a great piece of sound equipment.

Gordon.
well, that settles that in regards to the bands hehe. does your RS have any clips online?

my old man and cousin have both owned one of those Bose setups, both loved it. myself i'm still on the fence in regards to samplers and loopers, i'm really not huge on performing for a bar crowd either. for me, going 'solo' would be more of a production oriented basement recording studio kind of thing.

speaking of loopers have you ever checked out dubfx? he's a street performer who specializes in looped music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote