Music Banter - View Single Post - What kind of vehicle do you drive?
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 05:06 PM   #35 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqarbal View Post
Yeah... sometimes that's the best choice... or not...
This is why I miss the subway! You never know what's going to happen when a bunch of strangers end up crammed together like that. I always loved taking the subway when I lived in Boston and Berlin. Sadly, I never saw any pole dancers in the subway. And no disco balls either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noise View Post
no car me. public transport. oh yeah.

Charming, noise! Reminds me of Berlin street cars. We used to have a street car in the city where I live in Iowa, but it was dismantled years ago as cars took over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
During summers when I'm back in the old town, I drive my mom's yellow volkswagen polo.

There are usually quite a few of them on the roads there. I like to wave to other polo drivers when I see them .. They sometimes look puzzled when I do. They don't know that they too are members of the yellow polo club.
Ha ha! I always get excited when I see someone in the same car, too! Your yellow volkswagon reminds me that when I was 18 with my parents in Berlin, they bought an old, used, orange Volkswagon. I was humiliated because I was then so fashion-conscious, and I refused to drive it. Now I'd think, "Yeay! A bright orange Volkswagen! Can you get any safer than that?"

I now drive a deep red 2009 Honda Civic, which replaces an old Honda Accord from the 1990s. Here it is:

I like the Civic a lot. I didn't *want* to buy a new car, but with a young child I had several reasons for purchasing one. Winters here are awfully cold for walking. Public transport always requires at least a 15 minute walk to get to the bus. Finally, I wanted a new car with improved air bags, side curtains, and overall safety so my child would hopefully be safer.

Which reminds me: children up through several years of age should stay in rear-racing childseats, not just for the first year or so. If you have kids, look this up!!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote