Music Banter - View Single Post - For those of you who have a band
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 11:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
PerFeCTioNThrUSileNCe
Bright F*cking Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO
Find three people with really cool haircuts; make em' stuff sock down their pants and come up with a cool intentionally mispelled name with one of the letters backwards.
hhahaahhahahaahahahahahaaha

well, to attemp answering your question. the way my band came together was....my best friend and i were put in a guitar class together last year at our school. sometimes i would spend a day at his house and we would play our guitars and we just started writing songs. once we had the basics for a few songs, we decided to start a whole band so, the guy who is now the lead guitarist was originally on bass and his brother played drums. but our bassist played guitar a lot better than he played bass, so we put him on lead and recruited another bassist. then another of my friends who had been in a band previously that had just recently broken up, decided he wanted to sing for us.

basically, just find people that have the same musical interests as you, and practice with them. try to make up songs. eventually you will meet people or even discover that old friends play instruments and it will sorta just come together. youve got to work at it though, or it will just sound like crap.

good luck
My ego's like my stomach- it keeps shitting what I feed it.
But maybe I don't want to finish anything anymore..
maybe I can wait in bed 'til she comes home. and whispers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Star
Remember kids: It's only real metal if the vocalist sounds like he's vomiting up a fetus. \m/
PerFeCTioNThrUSileNCe is offline   Reply With Quote