Music Banter - View Single Post - What kind of vehicle do you drive?
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #42 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Walk you lazy sods! I have managed to get to 38 years old with a family and no car and still get around and yes I know America is bigger than a wizards sleeve, I was pertaining to the Brits. I'm sure both Right Track and Urban don't drive either.
I actually walk more than I drive, and because I live in the city, sometimes it's easier to get wherever you're going if you take public transit. Especially in this freakin' city

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Which reminds me: children up through several years of age should stay in rear-racing childseats, not just for the first year or so. If you have kids, look this up!!
It's different here. The government goes by weight and then age. Every car seat that you buy in this province has a weight limit, so if your kid is too heavy for that seat, you'll need to buy a bigger seat (usually the booster seat). Newborns and infants need to be in a rear-facing seat of course, but when they get too big for the seat it becomes unsafe and the law requires them to be in a forward-facing booster seat. My mom runs a small, private daycare from our house so that's how I know all this. If she wants to take them out she needs to have the right seats of course. Here's the website: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/saf...t/choose.shtml

Thinking back on my previous posts, I must be the only girl who wants nice wheels on her car. That's usually something that guys want!
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote