Music Banter - View Single Post - What kind of vehicle do you drive?
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 06:46 PM   #44 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Ha ha! I always get excited when I see someone in the same car, too! Your yellow volkswagon reminds me that when I was 18 with my parents in Berlin, they bought an old, used, orange Volkswagon. I was humiliated because I was then so fashion-conscious, and I refused to drive it. Now I'd think, "Yeay! A bright orange Volkswagen! Can you get any safer than that?"

I now drive a deep red 2009 Honda Civic, which replaces an old Honda Accord from the 1990s. Here it is:

I like the Civic a lot. I didn't *want* to buy a new car, but with a young child I had several reasons for purchasing one. Winters here are awfully cold for walking. Public transport always requires at least a 15 minute walk to get to the bus. Finally, I wanted a new car with improved air bags, side curtains, and overall safety so my child would hopefully be safer.

Which reminds me: children up through several years of age should stay in rear-racing childseats, not just for the first year or so. If you have kids, look this up!!
It is slightly embarassing perhaps, but I love that car. In the summers, I love to just drive around in the yellow polo listening to music. A couple of years ago, me and my friends bought these water spray guns and drove around drivebying kids, cows and dogs who were tied outside their homes. Ahh, the freedom it represents ..

Although it's not a "super-manly" vehicle, that has it's benefits sometimes. I once drove it into a steep ditch so that the wheels were hangin' in the air. It was no problem pushing it out, though. Yay for light cars.

I like your car! At least it's more impressive than the polo. I think child safety is really important and perhaps a priority I will be making as well in a few years time. I guess an alternative (and american?) way to keep your child safe is to get a really big car? On that note, me and my GF kinda want a Toyota Hilux after watching the Top Gear guys drive one to the north pole. Very impressive!

They also set fire to one, crushed it with a crushing ball, dropped a trailer (camping wagon) on it, washed it out to sea only to find it half buried in sand when the tide went out, put it on top of a building demolished with explosives .. when they dug it out of the rubble, they could still start it.

Respect!