Music Banter - View Single Post - Deftones - Diamond Eyes
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 12:07 AM   #32 (permalink)
nylonsmile
Groupie

Okay, so I literally just finished listening to this album less than 5 minutes ago....I'm actually going into "replay" mode and listening again to some of my favorite tracks off of the album. Honestly, I'm really liking the album as a whole. There wasn't any one song I couldn't outright not stand to finish (there's usually 1 in an album!).... even the "weakest" song to me (which ended up being CMND/CTRL after 1st impressions) was still listenable. I didn't really have high hopes either, especially because I've been let down lately with much of what some of my favorite bands have released.

Maybe it's the amazing effect the song "Beauty School" has on me, which I'm listening to right now and am positive is going in my top 5 of theirs favorite songs, but I think this is going to be an album I listen to often for a while and will come back to regularly. I don't think this will be 1 of those albums which will sit and collect dust in my iTunes library.

I rated the songs as I went along, and honestly "Beauty School" and "SexTape" got the highest, with many like "Diamond Eyes", "Risk", and "You've Seen the Butcher" getting really good ratings too. So yeah, I'm really liking this album.
nylonsmile is offline   Reply With Quote