Music Banter - View Single Post - Tata Young - The Britney Spears of Asia (one of the biggest stars of the planet)
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 12:45 AM   #15 (permalink)
nylonsmile
Groupie

As far as I'm concerned, she's not like Britney Spears (I mean Britney in her prime).....Britney was a pop entertainer. One of the things I think often set Britney apart from some of the other pop chicks competing was the fact that she was marketed on sex appeal and also heavily relied on dancing in everything from her music videos to her live performances. This girl is kind of sassy and her songs have that slight plastic pop sound necessary, but I just don't get a Britney vibe at all. If anything, I'd say she reminds me more of Christina in a far toned down sexually, less OMGHERVOICEISAMAZING way.....

Also, I just wanted to add, the only Asian pop artist I listen to is Utada Hikaru, and that's because I accidentally stumbled across her English song "Simple and Clean" a couple years ago, then somehow ended up listening to her English album Exodus, then a good chunk of her Japanese stuff (even though I can't understand it, lol), and have been loyally following her ever since (i.e. with her new releases, videos, etc.).....If I could choose any Asian pop artist to be successful in North America it'd easily be her, followed by that Korean artist Rain.
nylonsmile is offline   Reply With Quote