Music Banter - View Single Post - The Show Must Go On
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 06:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Default The Show Must Go On

I am having one of those philosophical moments tonight. I think the saying "the show must go on" really represents how you should response to your problems in life. No matter how bad it gets, you can never give up. Whatever happens behind the scenes is merely personal challenges to make you grow stronger. If life was meant to be easy we'd all be sitting on our own islands with everything we ever wanted. There are people that like to give up, but really, what other choice is there than to bite your lip and move on. The thing is, no matter how much we want to be happy, we never will be until we accept the more menial parts of our lives that have to be pushed through. The rewarding prospect is, if you work hard enough, there is a chance you will achieve what you desire to.

Think about this analogy: picture a 3rd world country, a typical slum there is a child without parents, scavenging through the rubbish tips to find food to survive. Some might wonder why he bothers, why he doesn't just give up and starve to death. But something inside him tells him if he holds on he might just get a good feed one day. I know this is pretty extreme but I think those in poverty really know how to hold onto hope.

I guess the purpose of this thread is for you guys to reflect on your hardships and determine what your attitude are towards them. Mine have been pretty reluctant until now. I really have learn't a lot in the past 5 years and know now to accept that it may never get easier.