Music Banter - View Single Post - Which amplifier to use with electronic drums
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
RobJ
Groupie

Default Op:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Guys, the outputs on an electronic drum module are usually line level. He can use a keyboard amp, which accepts line level input. He can also use any PA system that accepts line level input. Just because electronic drums are percussion instruments doesn't mean the output is going to go above line level. It's not amplified inside the sound unit. It's safe to plug into any amplifier that accepts line level input.

OP:
I'd personally use a small PA system that pushes your sound loud enough if you're playing live. You can also use the R/L speakers of a PA setup to your advantage if your sound module is able to pan individual drum pieces.

Edit:
Also, you won't have any problems with frequency response on a PA system... assuming the speakers themselves reproduce frequencies within a range of at least 30/40hz to 18/20khz. (And that's generous.)
Hi Guys I play on a yamaha electroic Kit . I play a range of music pop rock and even Jazz on it.
I built my own rig due to not being able to find anything suitable It sounds great.

2 x 2oowatt power amp powering a sealed box with 2 x full range 10inc 160 watt drivers. I dont use pizzos or compression horns as the Cymbal sound is to mechanical when I had them inistalled. The full range speakers do just fine up in the high freqencies. For the low freq i use a 600 watt sub modual running 2 x 12ich 250watt subs in seperate boxes.All xed over with an electroic crossover. I all so run a 10 band grahic between my modual and the X over so I can tune the rig for every room I play in.

Cost about $1500 plus my labour to build. for small gigs i just use on e sub for bigger take both. For practice i can just use the 2 10 which are in the same cabinate and by pass the x over.
RobJ is offline   Reply With Quote