Music Banter - View Single Post - Current Bands we will be talking about in 25yrs
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 09:38 PM   #234 (permalink)
music_phantom13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieasleep View Post
music from the 80's WASNT **** at all though. any decade that can embrace pixies, the smiths, joy division (not to mention all of the AWESOME post-punk, early hardcore and punk), the soft boys, the televison personalities, the cure, the entirety of the paisley underground, minutemen, etc. is ok with me.

I know, random list, but still, the 80's were an important period to look at if you want to see where our music is at today, the alt-rock revolution, the beginnings of indie rock, the continued evolution of rap, punk and pop (whether for the better or worse is your call), just don't be bashing the 80's
I think you misunderstood my point there (and it's been a long time but I feel a need to clarify). What I was saying was that a lot of the music that got popular in the 80s was complete ****, but a lot of those bands are now forgotten. It's the truly good music, for the most part, that seems to get remembered in the future. Because really, a lot of the people listening to the crappy new stuff that's on the radio and all will move on to new songs in a year or two. Only the best will really make it. It's the same in every decade, there's tons of ****ty music that gets popular, but it won't be what we're talking about in 25 years. It'll be the artists that really stand out.
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote