Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 03:41 PM   #6300 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNineDream View Post
^ I noticed you watch a lot of French movies... Do you think a lot of the film gets lost in translation? or did you get used to the whole thing, and have now begun understanding some of the language?
I've always had a little bit of a grip on French, and that's mainly from way back when I used to study it in junior school or when I'd spend a little tiome in Le Havre and Calais (back when my parents could actually afford holidays). Along with German, it's one of those languages I just have an easier time getting the jist of than others in general for some weird reason. That said, I'm far from fluent in either though.

Either way, I didn't think any of the film got lost in translation at all - I could just see it as the Four Weddings of 1930s France, only a gazillion times more enjoyable. It helps that Renoir's become one of my favourite directors and writers in recent months too - La Grande Illusion and Le Bete Humaine are absolute fantastic films too, even if they're not quite on par with the one I just re-watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
Maybe he's just waiting to get to 15 posts so he can post a link?
What, a fine specimen of a member like that? Surely not. Say it ain't so trailmanbeatz!
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote