Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 11:00 AM   #461 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Yea, any time you do a clean install you'll need to put your specific hardware drivers in yourself as Windows has no way of knowing what hardware you'll be using, therefore the drivers won't be included in the OS installation CD.
You should only need the following drivers:

CHIPSET driver (important, if you value any kind of performance at all)
Video card driver
Audio card driver
Ethernet controller driver

Anything else, such as third-party software stuff will be installed when you install the software.
Cool thanks. After a bit more work on it this weekend it's finally home and able to get online, so I can at least resolve any further problems from there. I still need to investigate audio as I'm able to plug in headphones and get sound in the front, but nothing comes out of speakers plugged in the back. Shouldn't be too hard. I'll look into the Chipset driver, I may have grabbed this already but can't be sure. Haven't noticed any performance worse than before, and I even installed the beast that is Adobe CS4 last night. Anyway the major thing was getting the net hooked up so I could use it at home.

On an unrelated issue, does anyone know if it's possible to import a Favorites folder into a browser, without having exported an HTML file? Every instruction I've seen says to import the HTML file exported from another browser. Well, I don't have that...I just have the folder with all the sub-folder and links. If I drag this folder into a browser window, it does display the directory...so I could click on each link and manually re-bookmark everything and recreate all my subfolders, but that would be quite time-consuming.