Music Banter - View Single Post - today I put my hands on a WORKING FREE ENERGY MACHINE...
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 07:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zevokes View Post
all i'm going to say about wikipedia is that if you use it to find information at all pertaining to anything having to do with politics in the world, you have too much faith in the idea that the controllers of available information are good people.
What I like about Wikipedia is that it provides the exact opposite of controlled information: volunteers write the articles and anyone who logs in can edit them. The information is not controlled by a single authority, but rather incorporates the wealth of knowledge of regular people all over the world.

Since the Wikipedia articles are not reviewed by experts in given fields, the chance of errors is higher than with a peer-reviewed journal, but citations are provided so that you can look at the original sources of information, making many of the articles quite scholarly, I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zevokes View Post
as far as a device used to charge batteries, if you are getting out more than you are putting in - which i watched happen - you have free energy.

it doesn't violate the known laws of thermodynamics either. it's just a product of them being applied in a very unconventional way.
I suggest this article by Tom Napier, which points out problems with "perpetual motion" machines (which appear to have greater output of energy than input), and criticizes observations of input and output needles as a source of "proof" that the "free energy creating" device is actually doing what the creator claims:

Quote:
From Tom Napier's online article, "Free energy with wires and magnets - can you come out ahead?" free energy with wires and magnets

No arrangement of wires and magnetic fields and moving parts is going to generate more electrical power than the input mechanical power or generate more mechanical power than the input electrical power. If you want to experiment, by all means have fun, but please don't think you are going to bring about an energy revolution.

What about systems involving batteries?
Putting an occasional back surge of voltage in a battery can help get a temporary increase of performance. Also, most batteries after being discharged and disconnected can revive a little on their own. FE claims involving batteries never are operated indefinitely which would show if they are just running down the batteries. Most demonstrations I know of (like the farces Joe Newman puts on) involve pathetic means of comparing input and output energy levels.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote