Music Banter - View Single Post - Current Bands we will be talking about in 25yrs
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 05:10 PM   #237 (permalink)
lieasleep
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_phantom13 View Post
I think you misunderstood my point there (and it's been a long time but I feel a need to clarify). What I was saying was that a lot of the music that got popular in the 80s was complete ****, but a lot of those bands are now forgotten. It's the truly good music, for the most part, that seems to get remembered in the future. Because really, a lot of the people listening to the crappy new stuff that's on the radio and all will move on to new songs in a year or two. Only the best will really make it. It's the same in every decade, there's tons of ****ty music that gets popular, but it won't be what we're talking about in 25 years. It'll be the artists that really stand out.
right, but that goes without saying.

to get back on topic. I would say about 75% of the music from today will still be talked about in 25 years which is unfortunate because we are living in one of the absolute worst times for music. I would take the 80's over the 00's any day of the week.

a song well sung is a sung well song so sing.
lieasleep is offline   Reply With Quote