Music Banter - View Single Post - Rolling Stones or Aerosmith?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 05:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Aerosmith was the band back in the 70s with albums like Toys In The Attic, Get Your Wings, & Rocks. Aerosmith was true to their music in those days with songs like, 'Back in the saddle', 'Last Child', and so on. My favorite Aerosmith album has always been 'Get Your Wings', To me Joe Perry never really did that much on guitar, for me anyway, but with Steven Tyler, Perry & Tyler became as one with Aerosmith. Some of the drum beats produced by Aerosmith can stand up with any other bands from that era of Rock,
like Bad Company & Kiss, of course not to the more progressive rock & classical influences used by other bands of that era like Rush,Triumph,&Yes, Aerosmith did just as much in the 70s+ era, just as so did the Rolling stones in the mid to late 60s and on into the 70s and the 80s also, just as Aerosmith did. The Stones are Legends in the history of rock music , I could go on & on but, To Me...both of these bands are different in many ways, and I have the highest of respect for both bands, I could never say which band I like the most because I like them both equally and they are not alike with they're music, I honestly dont think anyone cound honestly say that one is better than the other. Only choose a personal favorite between the Stones or Aerosmith. So in conclusion, I would say that the stones started when things were making a change in the world, with music, social structure, war, and they were around the time of the British invasion. where Aerosmith inspired & influenced other bands & musicians through the decades also, just as the Stones have done also. But its fun to debate and hear other opinions on the subject, hope I didnt rant & rave too awful much,but supper is almost ready and Im in a hurry to finish so I can eat & catch a movie.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote