Music Banter - View Single Post - Play any instruments? *would you like to? (if you don't)
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 08:36 AM   #532 (permalink)
DearJenny
Raptor

I play cello and keyboard well.
I can also play guitar and bass decently.
I played drums only once, with a buddy of mine, and we just jammed for a few hours, and I really wasn't bad. I've always had a good handle on rhythm so I think that helped me. Coordination effed me up though.

If I could learn to play any instrument it would be bagpipes(which I should learn in the next few years-my mother asked if I would learn to play bagpipes for her funeral, which I hope is a very long time from now).

Or accordion just because I like the sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james44754 View Post
Really some guy came to visit us in primary school and had us blow into a tube then basically said to most of us that we couldn't ever play anything.
This is actually how I ended up learning cello. In elementary school, we could chose between band and strings, and the band instructor said I flat out couldn't play trumpet, so I got stuck in strings. My parents made the decision that I play cello. And I hated them for it. A three mile way to school at 7am was brutal with a cello strapped to your back. I felt like a nerdy camel. Now I feel it was a good decision, but cello repairs cost me a lot. If I break a C string, that's like a 35-50 dollar replacement. And I currently can't play at all because I need a new bridge and it has to be fitted by a professional. Sorry, ranting =/
Every man needs a muse and mine could be the bottle.

Last edited by DearJenny; 05-20-2010 at 08:43 AM.
DearJenny is offline   Reply With Quote