Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 03:44 PM   #2621 (permalink)
Violent & Funky
FUNky

Quote:
Originally Posted by VocalsBass View Post
What have they accomplished would be the question in order for them to be nominated for anything, its not that I dont admire them as a band and know that they have contributed an influence to the modern music of today.
What have they done outstanding? I hold even more to my opinion after Trace reminded me that they have been out for 27 years, I would have to see some statistics and facts about why they should recieve such an honor before I could vote them in.
If this is the kind of crap you care about:

-Won seven Grammy Awards.

-Sold 55 million records

-Eight Top 40 singles (including three in the Top 10)

-Five number one singles on the Mainstream Rock Charts

-All-time record of eleven number one singles on the top of the Modern Rock Charts

-Former guitarist John Frucsiante was ranked 18 in Rolling Stone's list "The 100 Greatest Guitar Players of All Time"

-Rolling Stone once said "if there were a Most Valuable Bass Player award given out in rock, Flea could have laid claim to that bitch ten years running"

-MusicRadar put Chad Smith in sixth place on their list of the "50 Greatest Drummers Of All Time"

-Blood Sugar Sex Magik was ranked 310 out of Rolling Stone's "500 Greatest Albums of All Time"

sometimes I don't thrill you
sometimes I think I'll kill you
just don't let me fuck up will you
'cause when I need a friend it's still you