Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 04:53 PM   #2625 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent & Funky View Post
If this is the kind of crap you care about:

-Won seven Grammy Awards.

-Sold 55 million records

-Eight Top 40 singles (including three in the Top 10)

-Five number one singles on the Mainstream Rock Charts

-All-time record of eleven number one singles on the top of the Modern Rock Charts

-Former guitarist John Frucsiante was ranked 18 in Rolling Stone's list "The 100 Greatest Guitar Players of All Time"

-Rolling Stone once said "if there were a Most Valuable Bass Player award given out in rock, Flea could have laid claim to that bitch ten years running"

-MusicRadar put Chad Smith in sixth place on their list of the "50 Greatest Drummers Of All Time"

-Blood Sugar Sex Magik was ranked 310 out of Rolling Stone's "500 Greatest Albums of All Time"
Its more of the artistic and compositional aspects I was mainly referring to, so I should have explained my position a little more in detail.
I guess that I am old school my brother, my generation consisted of bands like Triumph, Rush, Yes, etc.
So maybe you can see why I may verse an opinion that requires higher standards musically.
But at the same time I also like the approach toward the simplicity aspects of musical composition.
Maybe I dont see something that you do and you are correct, so the conclusion remains only a personal opinion on my part.

Last edited by Necromancer; 05-20-2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: PS. Funk is one my favorite genres of music.