Music Banter - View Single Post - The Show Must Go On
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Harry
Account Disabled

I'm an absurdist.

I believe in the existence of life only as far as the existence of one's mind. And one's mind must exist because one ponders his existence, thus there must be something to ponder!

Anyways, and in that sense one may expect that I believe in no goals and live entirely for pleasure. Which is partially true, partially not. See, because of my beliefs, instead of taking a 'do something for the world' or 'sit back and enjoy it' perspective, I do both. I do everything. I want to enjoy myself-- I experiment, I party, I play music, I take the pleasure life has to offer. But also, I have intense ambitions and pride myself on my deep intellect! Always been a top student, have a clear cut future for myself, and am involved in loads of community services and such.

And so, having a foot in both worlds, when hardship strikes, a half of my says screw it, I don't care-- but then I think how exactly do I want to be remembered? As an absurdist, I care about no one, but at the same time have accepted that I live in this world, wot ever it may be, and I will make it wot I please. And to conclude: In hardship, I say come wot ever may and I shall pass-- Because there's nothing better to do.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote