Music Banter - View Single Post - Johnny Cash
Thread: Johnny Cash
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 10:50 AM   #87 (permalink)
Hank The Drifter
Take it easy, but take it

Johnny Cash is one of my favorite musicians of all time. I have been listening to him my entire life [With my parents], but mostly on my own after his death until now. I know by saying this I sound like one of those bandwagon listeners and to some degree its possible I am. However, I was only about nine or ten when Cash passed away, and like most people at that age I wasn't exactly a music guru (and seven/eight years later I'm still not! lol) so I didn't really see just how much I liked him until I started hearing more, and more of him and until finally I owned a 'Greatest Hits Album' that got a lot of play and sometimes still gets some for nostalgia.

Anyway, I find that I quite enjoy early Cash, I 'bottom out' on some of his 'middle career', and his latest stuff I really liked. So I certainly think he might have hit a bit of slump at some point in his career he still recorded enough great stuff to cover up for it.

I thought the new album was good, I didn't go back to read what others he thought of it. My first listen through it gave me chills.

Last edited by Hank The Drifter; 05-21-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Hank The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote