Music Banter - View Single Post - Introduce yourself..
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 05:07 PM   #67 (permalink)
Harry
Account Disabled

My favourite album
First Impressions of Earth by The Strokes. Loads of their followers wigged out cos their sound was a bit different than their original album... I, however, embraced it fully and truly appreciate it even more than the first! Every song they've in there tends to be able to describe an aspect of my life in some way... and the guitar riffs are flawless, as usual.

My favourite lyric
"Don't worry about it, honey, I never needed anybody" (The Strokes- 'Between Love & Hate) More or less my state of mind after my last ex, and my view on 'love' entirely. Was fine before it, will be fine after it.

and

"Just to lay with you, there's nothing that I wouldn't do, save lay my rifle down." (The Decemberists- 'Here I dreamt I was an Architect') Another philosophy on my outlook on others.

My first gig
Besides local ones, my first was The Decemberists. It was ace, Colin Meloy was proper hilarious, and the gig was really good.

The book that changed me
Ghost Soldiers by Hampton Sides By far, best book I've read in my lifetime. Outlines the parallel lives of prisoners in Cabanatuan and the daring rescue the U.S. military performed in WWII to save 'em. True story, too!

My favourite painting

Always been in love with The Temptation by Salvador Dali

It's a strange piece.

My style icon
i dinnae wot this is trying to mean, but if by who do i look to dress like, I suppose I try to keep it classy like Pete D!

xD

My favourite place
How do you escape the great veils of pouring rain? Go to a foreign island or house in Spain! I don't like being at my flat, or even in Edinburgh or Glasgow (I go to uni there) at all. I much prefer being away, someplace... so basically, anywhere but here.

My favourite album artwork
Quite like this of The Cribs

My idol
Hmm.. I'd have to go with Carl Barat! The bloke is half deaf and still making astoundingly brilliant music!

Just look at him...

My alter ego
ehh.. I think I'm my own alter ego. There's business-like, ambitious, studious, intellectual university Harry who works at a bank and is studying molecular biology, and then there's junkie, musical, indie, pissed up bastard Harry who recently kicked shooting up in the arse, and likes to party and club. xD
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote