Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #482 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Default My problem rendering MP3 continues...

Freebase! Arrrgggh!

I am standing here with a bloody tuft of my own hair in each hand (not really ) because I now have 3.25 GB RAM (got module installed), and when I listen to a song in Sony Acid Music Studio 7.0, it *sounds* fine...but when I render the song as an MP3...SOB!...the tracks don't line up! Some tracks sound delayed relative to others. They just don't mesh anymore. It is a MESS.

I am perplexed. Computer memory shouldn't be an issue now. Rendering as an MP3 used to work fine several months ago. The MP3s *used* to sound just like the song did from within the audio recording program. I've tried putting the audio interface on different latency settings, to see if that helps. Within the audio recording program, I've tried different buffer sizes. Nothing seemed to help. And it's all very strange, because the program used to work fine (several months ago) and the MP3s rendered from songs used to sound fine.

Thoughts?

Other comment: I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling my Sony Acid Pro 7 program to ensure the copy was good, and I think the extra memory may have helped playback from within this program. But the MP3 I create from the song still has the tracks not lining up...it is as if for some the tempo has slowed down compared to other tracks. The tracks have all gone rogue and don't line up anymore within the MP3.

Also, the Acid Pro 7 program freezes up very easily. For example, if I mute a track and then unmute it...BAM!...the program may freeze and become unresponsive. It is extremely touchy and glitchy. Much worse than my older (and cheaper) Sony Acid Music Studio 7 program, where I can mute tracks and move clips around and do all sorts of things *while* a song is playing (usually) without freezing up the computer. I'll have to contact their tech services (again) to get their advice, but I thought you might have some more ideas on potential causes of my computer and software problems.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 05-21-2010 at 08:05 PM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote