Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 08:34 PM   #484 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Freebase! Arrrgggh!

I am standing here with a bloody tuft of my own hair in each hand (not really ) because I now have 3.25 GB RAM (got module installed), and when I listen to a song in Sony Acid Music Studio 7.0, it *sounds* fine...but when I render the song as an MP3...SOB!...the tracks don't line up! Some tracks sound delayed relative to others. They just don't mesh anymore. It is a MESS.

I am perplexed. Computer memory shouldn't be an issue now. Rendering as an MP3 used to work fine several months ago. The MP3s *used* to sound just like the song did from within the audio recording program. I've tried putting the audio interface on different latency settings, to see if that helps. Within the audio recording program, I've tried different buffer sizes. Nothing seemed to help. And it's all very strange, because the program used to work fine (several months ago) and the MP3s rendered from songs used to sound fine.

Thoughts?
If it's only happening when you export, you should maybe look at your export settings. I don't know about Acid, but with Sonar I can change the type of export to either slow (accurate) or fast.
Also, try exporting as a WAV and see if you get the same problem. I'd use an third-party conversion program anyway, as the built in converters are notoriously bad in lower-end software. Besides, you're better off exporting a WAV copy of your song to keep for archive, as it is uncompressed and if you ever wanted to re-master it, you could do that without any problems... whereas it's a general no-no to master a compressed audio file, like MP3. Mastering houses won't even accept MP3's.

Quote:
Also, the Acid Pro 7 program freezes up very easily. For example, if I mute a track and then unmute it...BAM!...the program may freeze and become unresponsive. It is extremely touchy and glitchy. Much worse than my older (and cheaper) Sony Acid Music Studio 7 program, where I can mute tracks and move clips around and do all sorts of things *while* a song is playing (usually) without freezing up the computer. I'll have to contact their tech services (again) to get their advice, but I thought you might have some more ideas on potential causes of my computer and software problems.
As far as Acid Pro freezing up, there could be a bug in the program itself. It's a lot harder to detect issues like that without talking to their tech support (like you say) or going to their forums and seeing if someone else has the same issues.
You can kinda narrow it down by turning off EVERYTHING you don't need at the moment, like background processes that aren't essential, Antivirus program, firewall, and anything else that may be running in your taskbar that isn't necessary. If this solves your freezing problem, then you turn each item back on one by one until it happens again. At that point, you'll know if a running program is causing conflicts.
If there's no effect when disabling all the extra stuff running, it may be time to check their forums and see if this isn't an issue for a lot of people, which would mean there's a bug.
There may be a patch available for it already if it is. Check their website and forums for any patches and install them.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote