Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal & Rock Music Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 06:53 AM   #228 (permalink)
Cruzer
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank The Drifter View Post
This part of your post is a bit out there. I assume you're referring to bands in the Death Metal and Black Metal genres being that's where most growls/shrieks are preformed.

Most people that say things such as what you've said up there don't have a clear understanding. The growls in Death Metal actually take quite a bit of skill to pull off correctly and without causing damage. I'm not saying all Death Metal vocalist are skilled and pull them off correctly, because that's ignorant. What I'm saying is that you can't say they are bad singers because a lot of them are talented individuals.

On the other side of this, you've got people that sing cleanly and are easy to understand, but still aren't exactly good singers. I would go as far as saying most Death Metal vocalist are more talented than Chester Bennington.

To say someone can't sing because they are practicing a different vocal style is a bit unfair is all I'm trying to say here. I do understand that you're not a fan of the vocal style and I respect that, because a lot of people aren't.
blah blah, u completely misunderstood what i meant. I did not mean literally they suck at singing. im a nobody who cannot sing myself.

i would assume from the first part of my post that it would be obvious i was using it to explain how i felt about certain types of music, bands, and the sound i prefer.

But to dumb it down, what i mean is, i like melodic death metal, not death metal, not black metal, etc.

I could have swore i posted in "Metal & Rock Music Recommendations" and not in "Lets start a pointless argument and not recommend any music to people who post here".
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote