Music Banter - View Single Post - Soft Synth Volume Crash!
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarmandanp View Post
thanks for your reply. don't have dimension-should I? at this point i got the synths back up to volume by changing the output on each synth channel in sonar from "master" to "stereo asio fw-1884 analog 1" which is the interface. always was good in master just don't understand!
You should have Dimension Pro. It comes with Sonar since version 8. And in version 7 it was Dimension LE.

Yea, for synths I generally create a bus and feed all the synths to it, then feed the bus into the master bus. You can go straight into the master bus though. If you're bypassing the master and feeding the synth outputs straight into your interface, you're not going to have the correct master volume in the console, and when you export, you're not going to hear the same level you were hearing while working on the project.

Do this:
Open up your project and bring up Console View. Look on the far left and make sure "INPUT" is checked (lit up) so that you see the input gain and pan for all the channels in the console. Now look on the master channel near the top of it and make sure the Input Gain is at zero (unity gain). If it was significantly less than zero, that was your problem. If it's already at zero, it's something else.

Let me know if that was the issue.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote