Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal & Rock Music Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 05:49 AM   #237 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
Not looking for anything strictly Sabbathy but Black Sabbath are the only Metal band I've listened to and I've thought wow, this is the dogs bollocks.

So stuff along them lines would be the type of stuff that would maybe appeal to me, but I have an open mind. Even if I only had a handful of metal bands I liked I'd be happy cos at the moment I have a grand total of 1. I'll come back to this thread tomorrow with a fresh head and get ready to listen
Sabbath are extremely unique and there is no band that really sound like them (even though most of their riffs have been copied) or if they do they just don`t have the quality. But for anybody getting into metal its the best place to start before moving onto say 1970`s Judas Priest and Scorpions etc before hitting the NWOBHM and then onto say thrash. A slight deviation could be listening to metal or better said proto American metal acts of the 1970's etc such as Blue Oyster Cult for a very different sound.

You could even venture into late 1970`s Van Halen for a more pop metal type sound even though the quality is inferior but there is still some great material here.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote