Music Banter - View Single Post - [RELEASE] May Bi-Monthly Comp : Ambient
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 09:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Hang on guys, I forgot to add a track!

Gonna reupload and fix it. Will edit this post once I'm done.

edit :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Birds View Post
damnit i was actually going to guess brian eno was you but i scrolled down and learned yalready spilled
I felt Brian Eno sort of had to be on an ambient comp and since noone else picked him, I thought the job fell on me .. although by far, most of the ambient I listen to is Eno's, so it's an honest pick taste-wise. I also like Canterbury and Robert Wyatt, I think his participation makes that particular Eno track just a little bit more interesting.

The reason I'm admitting it so readily is I don't think the themed comp guessing games have worked particularly well in the past. I like a bit of background info to pique my interest before I listen to the tracks rather than after. The guessing games make everyone keep quiet!

edit :

There, Thomas Newman's Any Other Name added. I thought of adding it earlier, but somehow forgot about it .. now that's been rectified! The song is from the American Beauty soundtrack and has it's fair share of fans around the world, me included. It's a an ambient-ish piano song and it's just so deliciously haunting. Beautiful!