Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #6387 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

I just returned from a cine-concert. The movie was Dans la nuit (1929), a film by Charles Vanel, and the last French Silent movie. The score was composed specially for this film, which is in a way the concert, by Louis Sclavis (former member of the Henri Texier Quartet).

^ First of all, I like the movie. Some great scenes, shows the German expressionism influence. It's about a young happily married couple, that witness the destruction of their conjugal life, following a mine accident that left the husband disfigured.

^Second of all, the score. Just to leave you with a taste of what the concert sounded like, here's a youtube clip, with the music of Louis Sclavis.
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote