Music Banter - View Single Post - Official LOST Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 09:50 PM   #358 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

Insane Spoilers Ahead.

before anyone brings this up:

No, they were not dead the whole time. They died individually, one by one, and then went to that place where they all knew they'd meet each other. The island was very much real and Jacob indeed recruited them there to do his bidding. They were all pons really, in Jacob and the Man in Black's struggle. A struggle I'm sure of which was exaggerated by both of them. If the Man in Black had indeed left the island, sure he was a very bad person, but I doubt it'd mean the destruction of the world. More than likely Jacob was misled, a long with an entire generation of peoples and civilizations, into believing the light was something mystical. In reality, it was a pocket of electromagnetic energy that connecting to other pockets and soft spots all over the world. Destroying the island would likely have devastating consequences, so Jack didn't die protecting it in vein. In fact, it needed to be protected. The problem was the Man in Black and Jacob were selfish. Jacob (or his "mother") made it to where MIB could never leave, so long as the island was around. That lead to his quest to destroy it.

Of course there are a lot of mysteries that will never be closed. But in a way, I prefer that. Taking the mysterious elements out of this show would be like midi-clorians to me. I hated those midi-clorians.

The real story of this show, and hence the ending, was about how these people came together - and though they didn't know it, accomplished something great.

Yeah. That was a great series.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote