Music Banter - View Single Post - What Band Got You Hooked?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 04:38 AM   #77 (permalink)
Sansa Stark
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrloser_IX View Post
Are you ready for the rebuttal? Their self-titled is 10 years old. I wouldn't consider it modern as of this day and age. That being said i do agree it is very late especially for their style, it sounds more old, maybe because thats because she was married to Tim Armstrong. Besides, there was still some good bands playing at beginning of them millennium, most spilling over from the early years. I guess what i'm trying to say in a wordy way that would make Mary Shelley seem short, sweet, and to the point is that it doesn't matter when the band came out, its what style they cling too.
Tim Armstrong is a douchebag of highest order, Brody was/is much more talented than he is, and he wasn't the reason for her sound. You'd know that if you knew your ****, Sourpuss, her first band sounds pretty much like the Distillers, and that was before she even met Tim. Also, it IS modern, the Distillers were a MODERN punk band in the same way that most of the Hellcat bands were and while they released the s/t in 2000, Sing Sing Death House in 2002, and the last, Coral Fang, in 2003, they were still technically around in 2006, which is four years ago, since they didn't make it a public breakup.
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote